brothercyst: art thing

Friday, April 07, 2006

art thing

I went to the opening of a Matthew Barney art thing last night.

Having nothing better to do, I went alone and wandered around in it. I ran into people there, people from college and from here and there, around.

There were some fascinating drawings on the walls, tiny intricate things with tied-up, sexually ambiguous, possibly amphibious half-humans. I liked those.

The "sculptures" were sort of not so interesting. I liked one that looked like a couple tons of butter all over the floor. The others were boring and looked flimsy.

I didn't write anything then.

I dreamed my canine teeth turned kind of blackish and broke in half, and also that I was filming a movie where some person with a deep injury in his leg was being pursued through a snowy subdivision at night, near Christmas.

But when I was in a meeting today, I wrote these things
:


"I want some fucking apple pie"

and

"Body invaded by yawns."

5 comments:

Gelsinger said...

where is the matthew barney thing?

too many things last night

Ashbery

Paris Review

Alexander-Brooks/Bidart-Merril/Bernstein-Zukofsky

and isn't thursday Survivor night? People should be smart enough not to schedule anything on thursdays.

NickAntosca said...

What was the paris review?

Gelsinger said...

I don't know. Katya gave me shit for not going to it, whatever it was. "Everybody was there." I have no idea what she's talking about.

Where was/is the Barney?

NickAntosca said...

I never heard of any Paris Review thing.

Why don't I hear about these things.

Barney was at some gallery, the link is in the post and also here:

http://www.gladstonegallery.com/release_barney_2006.htm

reader of depressing books said...

i didn't hear of any paris review things

nick, i took out the trash, both of them