Friday, April 14, 2006

I stayed home from work.

Clouds of steam are moving past my window and I have no idea why.

Last night I dreamed that all the teeth on my lower jaw were extracted by a dentist, in his home, while a birthday party was going on in another room of the house. The roots of the teeth were black, but he cleaned them and put them back in and told me not to bite too hard if I could help myself. All this was somehow taking place while I was on vacation to Atlantic City.


evaeni said...

losing you teeth in a dream supposedly is a symbol for money coming your way. an interesting twist to the tooth fairy mythology, no. so maybe you are coming into a lot of money, but will give it all back.

NickAntosca said...

It felt gross pulling the teeth out, like pulling boots out of mud.

In the dream, I was afraid to wake up before the teeth got put back in, because then I would wake up with no teeth.

evaeni said...

whenever i dream of losing my teeth i wake up and for a good half hour have to keep checking my teeth to make sure they are, in fact, still there.

there is something extremely vivid about losing teeth in a dream.

Ned said...

You're lucky to have such vivid dreams. I used to have lucid dreaming and now... nothing.

NickAntosca said...

My dreams are going fucking nuts lately. I had a dream recently about these weird fat frogs I saw at a museum.

(Lucid is fairly rare, though.)

Eva, I do the same thing after I wake up.

evaeni said...

i have lately been plagued by lucid dreams. it was fun at first, now it is not so much.

Richard said...

Freud suggested that dreams of teeth falling out are related to fears of castration.

You might want to talk to your girlfriend.

NickAntosca said...

I've heard that too. I suspect these are nonsexual dreams related to guilt, however.

Nevertheless, a talk with someone may be in order.