brothercyst: NOON, Rebecca Curtis

Thursday, April 13, 2006

NOON, Rebecca Curtis

I bought NOON today. NOON might be the best short story magazine around right now; certainly one of the best.

You can buy it in Barnes and Noble, at least at the one in Astor Place.

It's a small thing, like a little paperback book, but it's there.

I just started reading it this evening but the Rebecca Curtis story is terrific. It's called "Someone Like Sue." Today has been a really good day for short stories, for me. I don't like most short stories. Tao interviewed Rebecca Curtis once. I didn't really care then, but later I read her wolf story which he reprinted, and I read "Someone Like Sue," and now I think Rebecca Curtis is fucking great.

I think Rebecca Curtis's stories are always sad, and they're about people who are miserable and trapped, and still they are hilarious.


reader of depressing books said...

i agree with this post

Ned said...

Are BOMB or NOON available online?

And are they really all in caps?

For the first time in a long time today I was not depressed, and I am fixing up so that it properly links you properly.

NickAntosca said...

Incidentally, they are both actually in all caps. These stories aren't online, I don't think, but both places have websites.

Take care, Ned. Feel good.