brothercyst

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

This weekend I read a manuscript of Tao's novel EEEEE EEE EEEE. It's kind of like Tao himself in that it's hilarious but once in a while exasperatingly repetitive (as, uh, the title might suggest). I think I actually prefer it slightly to Bed, the story collection, which I also like.

EEEE EEE EEEE also features me as a minor character at the end...a grinning character named Shawn. Shawn says and does things that I said and did, in exact scenes pretty much taken from real life, at least at first. A girl I was seeing last summer also appears as "Lelu," as does the story of how she and I met (saw each other through windows - our eighth floor apartments are across the street from each other)...but then "Shawn" is quickly gotten rid of, and the character who is Tao spends a lot of time talking with Lelu, which made me laugh out loud and say, "Tao...what the fuck?"

2 comments:

Maya said...

hello,
I read your story that you wrote when you were 16 and got $1000 from. it is quite good. I liked it a lot.

NickAntosca said...

Thanks. I think I still like that story, too. That was so long ago.