brothercyst: talent is attractive

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

talent is attractive

I was listening to the songs "Werewolf" and "Maybe Not" by Chan Marshall, aka Cat Power on repeat for about two weeks while I worked on something I've been recently writing.

Chan Marshall is gorgeous.

She's playing tonight at a place called Hiro which is not far from from my apartment, and I don't have tickets.

Fuck, I want to go.


And, oh, another one. That last one is possibly slightly not safe for work. Hard to tell. Sexy either way.

2 comments:

Trevor Johnson said...

I've always wondered what other writers listened to while working - if anything at all.

I tend to fall back on Aphex Twin: Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2 as a staple.

I also like Yo La Tengo: And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out, and Khonner: Handwriting.

I have a few Amon Tobin albums that I want to put on my computer. I think they would be good to write to.

Sometimes I will listen to Bright Eyes or Minus the Bear or Dredge, but it is rare. The singing isn't hushed and it messes with me, pulls me from concentration. Usually I reserve music like this for outlining or doing quick research on the internet.

NickAntosca said...

I like Erik Satie for writing very late at night.

Ian, who also comments on here once in a while, recommended Pearl Jam's song "Fatal" to me, and I listened to that a lot while writing one thing.