brothercyst: new elimae

Thursday, August 17, 2006

new elimae

As always, interesting reading.

I haven't posted any fiction here in a while, mostly because I haven't written anything new in a couple weeks. About a third of Midnight Picnic - the first draft - is written, and it should be finished by the end of the year. But I'm writing it in random segments, totally non-linear, whenever I want and however I want. There are no rules or considerations... no concerns about craft... I'm just writing. I'm enjoying it but there are no plans to publish. Once a complete draft is written
I'll read it over from beginning to end, see what I've got, and then consider possibilities.

1 comment:

Trevor Johnson said...

I alway enjoy reading about the way a story is written, especially if it's unusual. It sounds like it would be difficult. But it also sounds like it would be fun.

If you're about a third of the way through, how many words do you think you'll end up with?

Btw, the white background with black text and blue links looks good.