brothercyst: New York Tyrant

Saturday, August 19, 2006

New York Tyrant

The official launch of the New York Tyrant was last night at a club in midtown. I'm happy to have a story in the magazine. The Morning 40 Federation played at the launch. But they didn't go on until sometime after midnight, and so EJ and I missed them, leaving early due to queasiness possibly caused by sushi eaten earlier in the day.

I read some of the other stories this morning--they're good. The first story, "My Father's House," by Jeff Faas, is about a one-armed father who fucks up his sons' lives. "Sunset Boulevard," by John Haskell, is about Sunset Boulevard. Haskell's stories sometimes masquerade as film studies essays. Haskell, who was at the party, seems very smart and cool.

If you're interested in buying a copy, you can get one on the website (or possibly in bookstores around NY, I'm not sure what the distribution is like).

No comments: