brothercyst: if I were a high school senior this might make me not want to go to Yale

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

if I were a high school senior this might make me not want to go to Yale

Shit, I remember hearing about this Aleksey Vayner guy almost two years ago. And I remember hearing all these bizarre stories secondhand, mostly from my ex-girlfriend who had a class with him. The ironical townspeople of the internet are roasting the guy alive right now. I don't like the tone of glee; the whole thing seemed hilarious when he was just a joke on campus, but now that it's inexplicably national news, everything about it feels distasteful. I wonder if he believes the things he says? Maybe they will make his story into a movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio or someone.

2 comments:

mademoiselle sand said...

But this is jokery!
This would encourage me towards Yale- I'd feel like I could tell all manner of lies in my application and go unchallenged

NickAntosca said...

What would make me really angry is if I were someone who had been waitlisted or rejected. I'd be staggered that Vayner got in.