brothercyst: Distribution

Thursday, November 23, 2006


Fires, it turns out, is going to have good distribution and be at the very least available all over the place. So either it'll be on hand in your local bookstore, or you can order it from your local bookstore (and of course online)... anyway, excellent.


Chief said...


for small publishing house, these guys seem to be putting a pretty decent budget into promoting your novel.

Do you know how many reviews you're likely to get? And how does that work: how do they ensure that Fires is going to receive X number of reviews?

I ask because, based on how well they're treating you, I think I'm going to submit my novel to Impetus.

NickAntosca said...

I'm very happy indeed with everything Impetus has done so far. When I signed up with them there wasn't really any precedent for what to expect (except that Richard Nash at Soft Skull said he thought they were going to do really well). About the reviews, I truly have no idea. I don't know that they can really "ensure" X number of reviews, but I know of a couple they've set up, and like any publisher, they're just sending review copies to reviewers who ask for them or, more often, who they just think would be interested. I think you should submit your novel. I don't know if or to what degree they're taking on new books at the moment (they've got two more coming out soon after mine and their budget is limited) but it certainly can't hurt. Now I'm going to eat a ramshackle dinner and I encourage you to do the same.

NickAntosca said...

Another note about this--I get the impression it's not so much that they're "putting a pretty decent budget" into it as much as that they're just putting a tremendous amount of work and time into it. They're really dedicated.

Noah Cicero said...

that made feel real postive when i read that.

tao's book is going to stores and so is yours, and i got one in england going to stores. and a very possible one fro 2008 going into american stores.

so by 2010 the tables of barnes and nobles will cloaked with independent press books written by bloggers.

if that happens, that would be really good.

NickAntosca said...

I agree, Noah. I'm pleased with everything that's going on here. We have to get people to read these books instead of books with pink backgrounds and stiletto heels on the covers.