brothercyst: ...

Friday, January 12, 2007

...

Last night's reading at Housing Works with Kate Hunter went well. I had been largely unprepared and only invited a few friends, so was pleasantly surprised when a good number of people, almost none of whom I knew, showed up. EJ came, and then we ate duck and some sort of fish at a restaurant nearby. Late at night, I tried to think of new titles for the novel formerly known as Love Misery.

[update: Oh, I see why people showed. Time Out New York featured us (not online, far as I can tell) and so did The L Magazine here and Paper here. That was cool of them.]

2 comments:

trevor johnson said...

I am going to order her novella in a month or so. I have a few books to read first. I'm 3/4 of the way through Bukowski's Factotum. I'm a damn slow reader. Have you seen the feature? I'm waiting until I've finished the book first.

I thought you said something about being a huge Calvin & Hobbs fan once. Found this blogger template a couple of days ago. The code is here.

NickAntosca said...

I actually haven't read anything by Bukowski. People tell me I should. True?

Calvin & Hobbes is one of the great artistic achievements of the twentieth century.