brothercyst: updates

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

updates

Fires got free of customs and is in the hands of the publisher, finally. Copies ordered on the Impetus website will be shipped today, I think. Amazon copies will ship shortly.

***********

The manuscript I've just finished touching up, formerly titled both The Graves and Love Misery, is now called something else. This will be the final title.

***********

Last night, I had staggeringly good sushi. Otoro, at its best the most delicious food on planet earth. Uni, absurd and delightful. Like eating a giant cat tongue made of orange cream.

***********

Remington, my classmate from college, wrote some stuff about Fires on his blog. This is cool. It's the most comprehensive thing that's publically available about the book.

***********

EJ took me to Les Miserables last night. Neither of us knows the first thing about musical theater. I have never been to any play/production of any kind in New York. It was time, for life-checklist purposes, to see one. Five minutes before it started, I said, "So what is this thing?" She said, "It's like a love story set during the Vietnam war." I said, "It is? I thought it was in the eighteen-hundreds...like about a guy who steals some bread." Her eyes widened a bit. "Maybe it is," she said carefully.

2 comments:

Little Miss Nomad said...

I rather like the title, Love Misery.

NickAntosca said...

Well, you're the only one.

That is, except me. I rather like it, too.