brothercyst

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Little time, lately, to write anything here.

Watched two movies last night-- Vanishing Point and Gone in 60 Seconds (old version). Both pleasing. Saw excellent concert by the Corigliano Quartet; among the notable pieces were Black Bend by 23-year-old Dan Visconti (which, as promised, had "a lot of howling and a lot of wailing" skillfully rendered by violinists Michael Lim and Lina Bahn, viola-ist Melia Watras, and cellist Amy Sue Barston) and Corrie Q's Jigs and Reels (String Quartet No. 3) by Adam Silverman, which, despite its unfetching title, was expressive and delightful.

***********



I think I'm having some kind of a breakdown...

4 comments:

Ian said...

Nice movie pics. After Grindhouse, I had to watch Vanishing Point and Dirty Marry, Crazy Larry. Interestingly, both those movies ended in exactly the same way. Boom.

Ian said...

picks, I meant

trevor johnson said...

Why did you remove that post about getting an idea from another person's work? I was looking forward to other writers' responses.

Ah well...everyone gets their ideas from somewhere else, whether they admit it or not. That's not to say they're packaged and ready; more likely it's a line or two from this novel and a subplot from that television episode or movie. Something more or less new from the sum of both minor and/or major parts of existing works.

Nick said...

Trevor--I don't know why I deleted that post. I just didn't like it anymore. I don't want a site with too many posts. I should get rid of the Archives.