brothercyst: trips

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

trips

Some minor trips around the U.S. in the next six weeks.

My employer is sending us--me, EJ, some others--to Florida this coming weekend. No particular purpose. Sitting on the beach, I suppose. Writing a little.

Then to Ohio to visit a friend--much more on that later.

Then briefly to Iowa for a reading.

And at some point, Maryland, for my grandmother's 90th birthday.

I prefer trips that involve very short plane rides--two hours or less. Cruising altitude is lower and you can see the ground (and the plane is smaller, usually). When I have a window seat, it makes me feel calm and I feel like I have a lot of time to think, and then I do think, usually, and due to my state of calmness, my thoughts are more rational. It's like meditation or something.

No comments: