brothercyst: wretched hipster movie (updated with good movies)

Thursday, August 23, 2007

wretched hipster movie (updated with good movies)

Gawker editors have terrible taste. Who watches the trailer of Hannah Takes the Stairs and thinks, "Oh, that speaks to me"? I watched it and it made me want to kill five puppies.

Then I watched it again. Seriously, Hannah Takes the Stairs looks like the worst movie ever made.


UPDATE: But here are some trailers for movies I am anxious to see:

There Will Be Blood (PT Anderson, amazing)

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (great trailer)



No Country for Old Men (link updated with red-band trailer)

Eastern Promises (Cronenberg)

Cassandra's Dream (Woody Allen--inscrutable trailer but should be great)

4 comments:

Kendra Grant Malone said...

no country for old men is surely exciting. the story alone being something that begs for cinematic language, but HOLY FUCK THE COEN BROTHERS ARE DOING IT?!!!! i am especially excited, being that the coen bros are home town heros of mine. HOLY FUCK THE MOVIE IS GOING TO BE GREAT.

you haven't killed five puppies have you? that would be awful cause puppies are really cute and i like them.

Little Miss Nomad said...

I don't know about "Eastern Promises." It makes Viggo look like Jean Claude van Damme. I had the same reaction to "Hannah Takes the Stairs" and posted about it yesterday. The problem is -- the poster looks great. It's deceptive...

Nick said...

i like puppies too and last night i was thinking something that really bothered me. is there any word for "kill and eat"? There isn't is there?

I don't know--I think Eastern Promises looks pretty good. Naomi Watts looks annoying. She had one good movie in her and it was Mulholland Drive.

Kendra Grant Malone said...

fuck. you're right. no words. hunting comes close, with its implications. but people hunt for sport. and one can hunt for lost things. i am often hunting for my keys. but still, at one point, that is what hunting meant. i think. fuck. my brain just caved in.