brothercyst

Sunday, August 12, 2007

A new Impetus Press release, We Go Liquid, is available for pre-order on Amazon. I've read it and it's very good.

*****************

Some highly pleasing new old fiction. For you to read and enjoy.

*****************

If you haven't read the Richard Preston article in last week's New Yorker, do. My dad pointed it out to me the other day. It's about a bizarre syndrome that causes people who suffer from it to mutilate themselves (biting off their own lips, compulsively putting their fingers in their mouths and gnawing them off) and also to do self-defeating, perverse things, like shout "fuck you" and "eat shit" to people they like. (One way you can tell if people who suffer from this syndrome dislike you is if they're being nice to you.) Most die young but some live to be adults. Some self-enucleate--pull their own eyes out.

If you don't have access to the article, email me. I made a .pdf.

4 comments:

Bobby Farouk said...

I loved this from the Kharms piece:

I found out that Sharik, Cinderyushkin, and Misha usually live in our stove. It’s hard for me to comprehend how they got settled in there.

Thanks.

Nick said...

Yeah, I really like his attitude.

Ian said...

Is the Preston article about Lesch-Nyan syndrome? I'm trying to remember what they taught us about that back in school -- something HGPRTase deficiency. Anyhow, I'd like the PDF if you have it. Thx, Ian

Nick said...

it is. i emailed it to you...