brothercyst: challenged by mouse

Sunday, August 26, 2007

challenged by mouse

Totally fucking bizarre dream I just had. Went to sleep with a bunch of debris on my bed--books, notebooks, etc. Dreamed I was lying in bed with a bunch of debris on the bed. The debris included an open cereal box. A little mouse jumped on the bed and started running around. Somehow this mouse was my romantic rival--it thought it could steal my girlfriend! She had seen it in the subway, pointed to it, and said, "What a cute mouse!" It got into the cereal box and was nibbling on the cereal and sometimes coming to the mouth of the cereal box just to stare at me. All I had to do to trap it (and subsequently kill it) was close the box fast. But I was incapable of movement or speech. I was lying in bed but couldn't move and was absolutely sure I was awake. Tried to scream and couldn't--feared I was making some sort of bizarre croaking/keening noise instead. Thought I heard someone right outside my bedroom door say, "Nick?" The mouse kept nibbling the cereal and looking at me. Finally woke up and regained movement in my limbs, breathing hard, heart pounding. No cereal box, no mouse, no one outside the door.

After thinking about it, I believe the dream was related to this.

Last night, went around Brooklyn with EJ, we ate, went to Ned Vizzini's apartment, saw Bess and Olena from KGB plus Jami Attenberg and her editor plus Marty and Jess plus Ned's girlfriend S., then went to terrible place, then went to swim at 3 am: great and surreal.

Bourne movies make weak people throw up. Oh no, the camera's too shaky! Come on.

Finished reading Engleby, my really positive review of which should eventually materialize. Why does such a good book have a such shitty, uncreative cover design? Realized I badly want to reread The Rachel Papers. Now to write and eat.

No comments: