brothercyst: weekend lock-in

Friday, August 31, 2007

weekend lock-in

While nearly everyone I know will be spending this three-day weekend on vacation or at least be pretty profligate in their attendance of social events, I won't be leaving my apartment until Tuesday morning. Shades down, music on: much to do. God, it's going to be hard to do this without cigarettes. Quitting smoking was easy--I quit around end of June--but I now remember that it was so pleasant to smoke while taking a break from feverish writing. I miss it! But not that much. Eating apples, peaches, and grapes is a substitute behavior. I'm re-reading The Rachel Papers now. I have a stack of other books to read and write about. My day job is busier and busier. Has anyone seen Halloween or Death Sentence? I had a strong desire today to see both today, but the reviews were so terrible and my friends refused to go... they're probably shit anyway, it's good that I didn't go.


Maria said...

Good Luck.

Kendra Grant Malone said...

i love shitty scary movies.

if you need a distraction i will see a shitty scary movie with you.

Nick said...

sounds good. let me know if there's anything you want to see. there's a pretty good chance i'll want to see it.