Wednesday, December 05, 2007

strangelet, click for big:


i have purchased the soundtrack to I'm Not There, and listened many times to these tracks in particular:

calexico & jim james - going to acapulco
john doe - pressing on
black keys - wicked messenger
antony & the johnsons - knocking on heaven's door

and there is the best song on the album, dylan's own "I'm Not There," which I had never heard before.


Colin Holter said...

Calexico did a tune on the _Dead Man's Shoes_ soundtrack, a picture you should definitely investigate if you haven't seen it.

Little Miss Nomad said...

I'm not a big fan of the film, but I do love Calexico and Jim James' version of "Going to Acapulco." My Morning Jacket also does a mean cover of "Rocketman."

Nick said...

Dead Man's Shoes, interesting.

Rocketman--I have that cover on my itunes. (A live version.) It's very good although there is too much crowd noise.