brothercyst

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The milkshake line.

********

"Each day Robert dressed himself in a fine suit, or a blazer-and-trousers combination. His hands were eighteen inches long. His head was like a fifty-pound Brazil nut with a face. You and I don't know about these diseases until we get them, in which case we also will be put out of sight. "

from Jesus' Son by Denis Johnson, of course.

********

I like this video of Regina Spektor singing the Hotel Song.



It's a good song and she's beautiful.

********

"Out in front of the abortion building picketers shook drops of holy water at us and twisted their rosaries around their fingers. A man in dark glasses shadowed Michelle right up the big steps to the door, chanting softly in her ear. I guess he was praying. What were the words of his prayer? I wouldn't mind asking her that question. But it's winter, the mountains around me are tall and deep with snow, and I could never find her now."

No comments: