brothercyst: POETRY READING BY VALZHYNA MORT

Monday, September 08, 2008

POETRY READING BY VALZHYNA MORT

I got a couple blurbs for Midnight Picnic in the last few days that I'm really happy about. (I still want David Lynch, but that might not happen...)

*************

The epigraph for Midnight Picnic is from a poem by Valzhyna Mort, one of the weirdest, coolest poets I've met. She's reading this Friday in New York, and I'd be there if I weren't going to be in Massachusetts, but if you're looking for something to do in Brooklyn that night, you should consider going to the Poetry Brothel:

Friday September 12th (I'll be sharing the stage with all in peacock feathers Madame herself Stephanie Berger, Nicholas Adamski aka Tennessee Pink and others)
from 9 pm to 2 am (full bar, gambling and music)
at
Papa B Studios 907 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11206 (sex and verse)

Cost 10 dollars, includes one free drink of absinthe and one free private poetry reading (yes, there are private readings for money there!)

No comments: