brothercyst: LIGHTS ARE OUT; FIRST PAGE OF MIDNIGHT PICNIC

Monday, October 06, 2008

LIGHTS ARE OUT; FIRST PAGE OF MIDNIGHT PICNIC

I'm alone in a very tall building right now. The lights are off and I'm listening to Terry Riley's Requiem Quartets performed by the Kronos Quartet. From the window I can see huge buildings and brightly lit avenues and even New Jersey in the distance. Everything looks very eerie. I just wrote some of Strangelets. I lost a lot of money in the stock market, but that's okay. It feels funny to say that, "I lost a lot of money in the stock market." I think that sentence means I'm an adult. The stock market crash is exciting and I hope it crashes a lot more before the election. Who knows what will happen. Richard Fuld's testimony before Congress was fascinating. He snarled. He said, "Until they put me in the ground, I will wonder." It made me admire him a little.

Midnight Picnic layout is done. I know, it's late. But that's how this works. It looks good. If you want to review it somewhere, email me for a galley. Midnight Picnic. I want to give a copy to Stephen King. I read a lot of Stephen King books when I was young. If you know Stephen King, tell him.

Here's the first page of Midnight Picnic. Click to enlarge.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Ever been to Bangor, Maine?

N A said...

when i was young. why do you ask?