brothercyst: UGH

Monday, October 20, 2008

UGH

Saturday productive; Sunday unproductive. I saw W.; it sucks. Freaked about getting references for a grant I probably will miss the deadline for. Saw friends; rewrote much of Strangelets. I'm trying to read Infinite Jest from beginning to end now. I read J.A. Tyler's The Girl in the Black Sweater; enjoyed it; fervid, intense. Somehow caused a terrible scene late last night that resulted in lots of crying; WHY CAN'T PEOPLE BE MORE DISPASSIONATE? Everyone is looking at me like this:



I am involved in a reading this Wednesday at Bluestockings Books with Jackie Corley and Marty Beckerman. Probably some other ones soon. You can pre-order Midnight Picnic but the date is wrong, it's not out yet. I don't know why the date is wrong. It should be available in early November. And there should be, like, a cover picture up. I feel like people have masks on when they talk to me; I'm feeling puzzled/disgusted today.

4 comments:

j. a. tyler said...

glad you enjoyed TGITBS. thanks for reading.

is midnight picnic available for pre-order directly from impetus? or only amazon?

paula said...

Why would you want some to be dispassionate?

N A said...

Hm, I don't think it's available for pre-order from Impetus. It'll be available for pre-order me, I think. I don't have my copies yet, though.

Re: dispassion, I'm just alarmed by strong, seemingly disproportionate displays of emotion.

j. a. tyler said...

nice. let me know when you have it for pre-order directly and I will order up.