brothercyst: CREATIVE EUPHORIA IS BETTER THAN HEROIN AND COCAINE MIXED TOGETHER (AND IT DOESN'T EVEN KILL YOU)

Saturday, November 15, 2008

CREATIVE EUPHORIA IS BETTER THAN HEROIN AND COCAINE MIXED TOGETHER (AND IT DOESN'T EVEN KILL YOU)

Okay, fine, don't ever comment on my posts. I know from statcounter that 60-100 unique visitors come to this blog every day, but I have the anxious suspicion that most are people who hate me and just lurk to see if I have disgraced myself in some way or lost my shit.

I had lunch today with another writer and we talked about an idea and I am always shocked when I remember how good it feels to get excited about an idea and go with it. So good. Better than any drug, better than sex, better than anything else. Just had a glimmer of that today, that stirring of memory, where it's like, Yeah, I know that feeling.

I got my Mud Luscious Press books today, including "Rat Beast." They look good. You can (maybe) still get a copy of "Rat Beast" for $2! I'll read and comment on the Blake Butler and Brandi Wells editions soon.

So many people come up to you when you're carrying Infinite Jest around. When waiters are like, "That's my favorite book, I've read it three times," and you're struggling around pg. 350 of a 1,000 page novel, it's amusing/humbling.

5 comments:

paula said...

I'm confused about your reptile stuff. Cold blooded? You have a new pet? Hmm.

And you must be very happy to have so many visits. You deserve them, too.

I waited on tables/tended bar for seven years. Many waiters do other stuff too--like grad school or read all the time, or whatever. But you know that. So don't be humbled or amused. Waiters can be some of the most interesting and educated people out there.

N A said...

I didn't mean to suggest that waiters are not well-read/worldly (esp. in NY & LA...) I just meant it's random to be having the conversation.

N A said...

And because it happened today at brunch.

alan rossi said...

stop threatening or implying things about the non-commenters, please.

i like your stuff and blog. good work.

alan rossi said...

oh yeah, i also agree with the stuff you say about getting excited about an idea. i don't like how it goes away sort of fast though.