brothercyst: ELECTION!

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

ELECTION!

Spent the weekend in Pennsylvania, going to door to door. Went with Bess, Ryan, Brian, Nicole, and Alison. We saw a stag in a suburban backyard. Alison and I went to one house where a sad-looking woman with lank hair sighed, not threateningly, almost apologetically, "Oh, you're at the wrong house. My mother will beat you with her cane." An elderly woman doddered out of a back room with a walker. "Mom," the first woman said, "do you want to beat these people?"

Here are some pictures.

Bess and Alison

Alison, me, Nicole, Brian

suburban stag

very weird window

me taking a rare break

Yesterday during the day I was agitated and unable to pay attention to anything. I was literally covered with sweat all day. (This may have had something to do with the wakefulness drugs I took to stay awake on recent nights; I've slept an average of 3 or 4 hours a night since last Thursday. But it was mostly genuine anxiety.) Then tonight I went to the Huffington Post's election returns party. It was one of the happiest/most exciting parties I've ever been to. It was fucking exuberant.

video

After the party, we went out onto the street. Cars were rushing by blaring their horns and people were screaming out of their windows. I wandered around SoHo for a long time before I went home. Screams all over the place. Finally I went into the subway, where, perfectly, a team of workers were hosing all the accumulated grime and trash away.


video

No comments: