brothercyst: "PLAYGROUND IN THE FIRE" (AUDIO)

Thursday, January 08, 2009

"PLAYGROUND IN THE FIRE" (AUDIO)

Tomorrow (Friday) night at 7, I'm reading at KGB (85 East 4th St.) with Ned Vizzini and Karan Mahajan. I'm probably going to read a couple short things, one of which is the unpublished very short story "Playground in the Fire," which I wrote at the same time as "Rat Beast" and which is about the same length.

I read it once tonight out loud to make sure it would be all right and maybe make a change or two. I recorded it, so if you can't make the reading and want to hear a story, click here to listen to it, although it's not quite a "performance." It's about 8 minutes long. Occasionally you'll hear me stop to change something.

***************

Also--amazing scans of old Edward Gorey book The Recently Deflowered Girl.

No comments: