brothercyst: "THE CRAIGSLIST MISSED CONNECTIONS STORIES" pt. 1

Monday, February 09, 2009

"THE CRAIGSLIST MISSED CONNECTIONS STORIES" pt. 1


It's Craigslist Missed Connections Week on this blog.


Each day this week, I will post four short installments of a story on Craigslist Missed Connections. The story is written in the form of Missed Connections posts.

***************

Craigslist has been a useful resource for me in the three and a half years I've lived in New York.

I've used Craigslist to get a bed, a bookshelf, a job, an apartment, dates, buyers for things I wanted to sell, entertainment (mostly from "Best Of"), information both functional and sociological, and probably other things I'm forgetting now. The most interesting things on Craigslist are the Missed Connections, though. An acquaintance from college was obsessed with the Missed Connections and mentioned them to me a while back; after that I started looking at them pretty regularly. In two cases I saw posts that described me; in one of those cases I responded to the post and met the person in real life.

Fiction published online doesn't have much of a readership (although there are many excellent fiction sites). Sometimes I don't feel like submitting stories by email to places that will takes six months to read them and maybe not even email me back. For fun I decided to write a short story in the form of Craigslist Missed Connections. And just publish it piece by piece on Craigslist Missed Connections. So I wrote it this weekend and I'm posting it this week.

The stories will not be posted in "real time" (the timespan of the plot is more than a week anyway). I will just do four posts a day for the rest of this week. Some will be stand-alone posts, others will be part of a larger narrative.

I'll link to the posts here, and I'll also take a screenshot of each one and post it, since they'll probably be flagged and taken down, or something, which is both fine and to be expected.

Here are the first four.

L train Sunday night, glance(s) w/ handsome pirate
- w4m - 26 (L train)




Eye Patch Guy at Think Coffee - w4m - 21 (Think Coffee)





Girl Who Dreamed About Wires and Fingers - m4w - 25 (Financial District)





Businessman with the Flesh Cabinet - m4m - 34 (Midtown)


4 comments:

Bess said...

!!

Martha said...

You got it all wrong. It was I with the I-patch. I was not staring at you I just could not make my eye move. It was locked on you like missiles lock on enemy airplanes. But you never noticed. Neither did you notice the other eye – from behind the patch - escaping and getting off with you from the L. hovering above you until you got home and next day found you at the bookstore. The patch actually is a cover to a door in the shape of an eye that leads to my fingers. No, not to the soul. That theory is all wrong it must have been an optometrist who made it up to be able to sell more glasses. The eye is the portal to the hands. Plain and simple.

As to the red umbrella you flinched it from the Hotel Mandarin in the Sony building. They keep it for the doormen on rainy days by the revolving door. I took it back and exchanged it for the patch the grateful doorman gave me in return. He was missing an eye.

Barnes and Noble is my hangout and you can always find me there. I no longer wear the patch, but the #81 is tattooed in my right eye and will give me away.

Keep your razorblades and tweezers at home.

szarszar

N A said...

Martha, you're lovely, thanks.

小貓咪 said...

徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,抓姦,徵信,徵信社,外遇,抓姦,尋人,徵信社,徵信,抓 姦,抓姦,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,外遇,抓姦,尋人,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信社,抓姦,徵信,外遇,徵信社,尋人,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信