brothercyst: ARM AND DAY BOTH BAD

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

ARM AND DAY BOTH BAD

Yeah, today was a bad, weird day. Last night I took a long nap and woke up at midnight, so I couldn't get to sleep until 5 am. Then, even though I set my alarm, I woke up at 10:30. I had a meeting at work at 11 and it takes me exactly 30 minutes to get to work. Waking up and realizing what time it was, I bolted up and forward so fast that I was somehow sitting at the foot of my bed. I sat there dazed for moment in my boxers. I could feel something was wrong but I wasn't sure what. I tried to raise my right arm. I looked at my right arm. I made a real effort to raise it. It wouldn't move. I actually thought I was having a nightmare. I tried to lift it again and it still wouldn't move. Slowly, carefully, I rocked the elbow backward. I elevated it that way. Slowly, slowly, I elevated the arm. Once it was up, I could move it around again. I lowered it, raised it, lowered it, raised it. It was fine. I threw my clothes on and raced to work.
The meeting was inhumane for reasons I won't describe. Then I had to deal with endless stupid shit by email. My mind nearly boiled and I escaped briefly to swim. Then I wrote a document so exciting I wanted to slit my brain. (Kidding! It was boring.) Then at 7 had a pleasant meeting about some writing stuff. Now I'm still at work. I stayed late to do some work and it's like, why go home? I'll just write here. Gotta be back in the morning anyway.


1 comment:

David Erlewine said...

Ha, I've had those moments at work too...like why the hell go home for a few hours.