- dropped briefly by a photography show where I got my portrait taken
- went to the birthday party of the Berger twins, featuring a screening of a comedic short film I cameo'd in (update: video on YouTube)
- saw Lila Nelson play an excellent set at the Living Room
- went to a party/seance for dead philosophers with Bess, where I heard of a new band I now like (pay attention, they'll be famous soon).
- ventured out to a windy nightmare place called Brooklyn to look for an apartment
- ate numerous baseball-shaped Burger Shoppe burgers, a banh mi, and many tacos
- watched Dexter and ate desserts with ASB
- discovered the new passion fruit ice cream. Finally someone's listened to my plea that everything be made in passion fruit flavor.
I wonder if there are other reviews out there that I don't know about--I hadn't heard about this until Alex Remington, who was unexpectedly in town today and with whom I had a greasy Chinese dinner, told me he'd seen it when he picked up a copy of The L at a comedy show last night.
This article concerns the firm where I work.
Going on a trip across the Atlantic shortly, just bought my ticket, hanging out with Russell in a Muslim country, looking fwd to it.
I like the comments on Youtube. I like when they make me laugh. I like the commenter who just wrote "Titty bears LMao!" on my video of rats frolicking in the subway.
I have been having some heretical-feeling thoughts about writing. My attitude is changing. I'm reassessing what I think the most important parts of fiction are, and where I think the "art" is. I think it's changing everything I think about writing (although I'm just coming to conclusions that a million other writers have come to and many consider self-evident). More on this later.