brothercyst: NEW CROWLEY BOOK

Sunday, May 24, 2009


John Crowley's new novel Four Freedoms comes out in two days. I'll get it when it does. Looks promising.

Spent much of yesterday in parks, sunning myself and reading, until a droplet of rain struck my scalp late this afternoon.

Gaspar Noe's Enter the Void is pretty close to the top of the list of movies I want to see.

Surprising, exciting winners at Cannes. Haneke gets the Palme D'or! Park gets the Jury Prize! Christopher Waltz (who?) from Inglourious Basterds gets Best Actor. I want to see all these, too, very badly.

I'm reading a YA novel now called The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It's Battle Royale. But I do love the scenario of the schoolkids forced to play a game of death on TV, so it's entertaining. And although the writing is eh, the story seems well-built (so far) and it's pretty entertaining.

No comments: