Thursday, June 25, 2009


That was my project for this week. When I was working a full-time day job, I would sometimes stay up until after 6 a.m. because I knew that getting up to go to work on Monday would force me to stay on a roughly normal schedule. But now I can't do that anymore. So I'm trying to be disciplined and actually wake up early each morning.

I spent the first three days of this week totally dizzy, with a pain in my right torso and a constant sense of fatigue. Now I'm a little bit better. I need to eat a lot more; I think the problem was that I wasn't compensating enough for the constant free snacking I used to do at work, and the drop in caloric intake contributed to the dizziness.

Mating got very boring; I stopped reading it. Now to pick the next book from the top of my stack. Also, don't go see Transformers 2; go see The Hurt Locker. My review should be forthcoming on Film Threat.

Tonight I saw Michael Mann's Public Enemies. I loved it.

Here's some crappy interview stuff about it.


Little Miss Nomad said...

I'm glad PE was what you were hoping for, despite my lack of love for it.

N A said...

I was wondering if you saw an earlier cut. This one was about 2 hrs and 20. And badass. That gunfight at the mountain lodge... come on!

Little Miss Nomad said...

Yeah, I feel like mine was closer to 3 hours--and for some reason I don't remember the gunfight very well. I do remember the eternal death of Dillinger--theater scene and Christian Bale boring the crap out of everyone.