brothercyst: DISTRICT 9: LOVED IT [UPDATED]

Friday, August 14, 2009

DISTRICT 9: LOVED IT [UPDATED]

Saw District 9 today. Fucking awesome. Sitting down now to work all night, can't spend time writing too much about it. But I'm going to see it again at least once before I leave Monday for the Dominican Republic. Can't get over how good it was. Cat food, Christopher Johnson, Nigerian gangsters, evictions, popcorn popping, grabbing the missile... so many great moments. Cannot wait to see it again.

[UPDATE, 24 HOURS LATER: Saw it again. Loved it.]

4 comments:

tinmaninc said...

You do realise that a Tropical Storm is headed for the Dominican Republic, right? Hope it misses.

N A said...

Did not know that. Hope it waits for me to get there.

Matt DeBenedictis said...

Hope the storm sees you and runs, duly hiding under a god's skirt. I loved District 9. When I saw it people were yelling and gasping at scenes. I looked over to see I was not the only person with my hands tightly clutching the chairs. The crowd rather lit up with some kind of ray of personal hope when the humans began getting killed. That excited me.

I must see it again.

N A said...

Yep, the more I think about it, the more I like it. I'd certainly see it a third time tonight or tomorrow if I weren't about to leave.