brothercyst: THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE UGLY

Thursday, September 24, 2009


I saw three movies today at the New York Film Festival.

Samuel Moaz's Lebanon: Excellent and gripping. [UPDATE: Here's my review.]
Corneliu Porumboiu's Police, Adjective: Awful and mind-numbingly dull. [UPDATE: Here's my review.]
Lars von Trier's Antichrist: Awful and gripping.

Tomorrow (Thursday) I hit five more screenings. Or maybe I'll bail if ten hours in the dark is too much.


pb said...

Did Lebanon make you think of Pino? He was there. Not sure if in 82, but that sounds about right, right?

N A said...

Pino was in the IDF? I thought he was in the Austrian Special Forces. (Or were the Austrian Special Forces in Lebanon??) Ariel and I were just talking about him the other night.

Little Miss Nomad said...

Saw District 9 today. God, that was good.

pb said...

All I can remember from the conversation with Pino is that he was in Lebanon. I forget the details.