brothercyst: BABY LEG NIGHT

Sunday, November 22, 2009

BABY LEG NIGHT

Very sunny outside today, but cold (the way I like it). Yesterday I did a good amount of work, just enough to not feel bad about. In the afternoon, Ned came over and we had a pizza. Then I went to Carnegie Hall with a free ticket from my friend Miriam to see the fado singer Mariza, a great performer whose theatricality reminded me of the opera singer with the blue tentacles from The Fifth Element. Afterward I went home and roused Ned from his pizza-nap on my couch and we went to the Tyrant's party for Baby Leg by Brian Evenson. I didn't want to spend money so I didn't want to both pay the entry fee and buy the book. I bought the book and read it in its entirety. It's good! It's also a beautiful book artifact, with gold leaf and cloth-bound hardcovers. Hel. O. posted this short "worst swearword" vignette on Facebook. Cute story. I took a short nap and then my roommate texted to see if I wanted to meet up at a bar where the SNL after-afterparty was, and I did. I avoided spending much money on drinks. I fell asleep at 7-ish, and now it's noon and lovely outside, and I'm reviewing entries in my dream ledger.

No comments: