brothercyst: IT'S GOOD TO WAKE UP EARLY

Monday, December 21, 2009

IT'S GOOD TO WAKE UP EARLY

What a productive morning I have had!  I woke at 4, wrote some, imported pictures from my camera, began reading The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (which is clearly a "well-written" book, but is told in an obnoxiously "sassy" voice that is off-putting, at least in the first few pages, even though the story seems entertaining/funny so far and the asides are interesting... at the very least it's good to read given my current interest in the Dominican Republic), went to the DMV and got my driver's license renewed, went swimming, got new glasses (with a gift certificate that was about to expire, so I had to use it... they will be back-up glasses), and sent a bunch of emails.

Good job, self.  Now the pressure is on not to waste the rest of the day.  Or, God forbid, fall asleep.

4 comments:

Little Miss Nomad said...

the beginning is definitely something you have to get through to get to the good stuff--similar to Vernon God Little in that respect.

N A said...

I've stopped reading. I hated it. I liked Oscar and was kind of into his story... and then it stopped and went into other stories, and I was bored again, and even more irritated by the voice. Forget it, life's too short.

Ian said...

I completely agree; my brief interest in the life of Oscar Wao waned to nil, and that book joined the ranks of the several I failed to finish reading in 2009.

N A said...

Ian, you and I have very similar taste, I think.