brothercyst: WHAT SHOULD I READ ON VACATION

Friday, December 04, 2009

WHAT SHOULD I READ ON VACATION

I'm going to the Dominican Republic again soon. I have a stack of books beside my bed that I haven't read yet but want to read ASAP. I am trying to decide which ones to bring.

In addition to the ones I noted recently (The Other, Under the Dome, The Knife of Never Letting Go, Far North), there are:

Teatro Grottesco
Anna Karenina
Shadow Country
The Unconsoled
Wanderer

I won't be there for long enough to read all of them, especially if I intend to get writing done. So I must choose carefully.

*****

In the meantime, there is a lot of stuff to be done. The last 48 hours galloped away somehow. I went swimming.

4 comments:

Eric said...

I can vouch for Shadow Country, though you could save yourself time by reading only two of the three parts. First and last or second and last.

Lichen said...

In my opinion, Ligotti is the best horror/weird fiction writer alive. Just sayin' :)

pb said...

Tolstoy.

Little Miss Nomad said...

War and Peace is better than Anna Karenina.