brothercyst: REPTILE

Sunday, February 28, 2010

REPTILE

I just saw The Crazies.  Really enjoyed it.  It has multiple excellent setpieces, most notably the one that takes place in a carwash.


Earlier in the day I saw (allegedly) L.A.'s first chessboxing match.  (Rounds of boxing interrupted by rounds of speed chess.)  Ned Vizzini, Ken Baumann, Danny Franzese, Matt Patterson, & Russell Eida were in the audience, among many others.  The winner won by checkmate, not knockout.

Exhausted by this week.  I started Thomas Ligotti's My Work Is Not Yet Done more than a week ago but still haven't finished it although I'm really enjoying it.

Look at this foot-long reptile I saw at the pool:

1 comment:

Matt DeBenedictis said...

I want to see The Crazies, but that name -that title- just fills me with sweating laughter.