Tuesday, February 02, 2010


District 9 is nominated for an Academy Award.  I'm glad; I liked it better than anything else I saw this year.  I wish The Escapist and Public Enemies had been nominated too.

I interviewed Paul Tremblay on HTMLGiant.  About sleep!  It's an interesting interview.

I like the cover of Tao Lin's next book.

I was supposed to have a phone call with my screenwriting partner at 11 a.m. today & I slept until 1:30 in the afternoon.  I feel bad.  I did wake up around 9 a.m. and my skull felt like a bowling ball encrusted with dried slime, so I went back to sleep.

Last night I had drinks w/ friends, ate a large cheeseburger, learned two excellent stories (one about Miles Davis, other about a manatee), and came home early to bring ASB benadryl.  I should have gone to sleep right away but stayed up until 3 reading nonsense on the internet.

Sending out my latest novel manuscript now.  This is my favorite novel that I've written, I think, in that I had the most pure fun writing it.  I hope some editors like it.  Read it.  I can't think much about the process of trying to get books published, or I get too depressed.

Time to go watch more Mad Men and internalize the cold pragmatism of Draper.

No comments: