brothercyst: EMAILS

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

EMAILS

It's weird being on the west coast and dealing with emails from the east.  Whenever I want to get up early out here, I just set my phone on "loud" and let the incessant emails arriving between 6 am and 10 am PST wake me up.  I'll roll over sleepily with each new chirp, check my phone, and then at some point snap awake when there's an email from somebody whose response I've been awaiting (agent, editor, friend, person who's reading something).  This usually happens by 7 or 8 am.  And then I'm completely awake.  Works better than any alarm with a snooze button ever does, because once my mind is engaged in consideration of the email's contents, I'm fully awake.

Still haven't had a chance to finish Imperial Bedrooms, although I'm enjoying it so far.  Saw Dennis Cooper read last night at Book Soup, a really excellent and centrally located LA bookstore.  That was very cool.

Still figuring out my sublet madness.  Soon to relocate, I think...

1 comment:

Little Miss Nomad said...

I like Skylight and Vroman's better. Less claustrophobic.