- Watched Moon. Quite good, as everyone says. The Rockwell effects, awesome. Good script. Surprisingly "happy" ending.
- Finished Big Machine. Pretty excellent. Weird fusion of Victor LaValle style with... monsters.
- Reading Feed. Yeah, late on this one. It's fucking awesome! I've only read half so far. It's Clockwork Orange without ultraviolence, but with much more ingenuity and humor.
- Writing some stuff, both jointly and solo.
- Swimming Saturday and today. Feels good. Feel weird if I don't.
- Mother's Day brunch. Forgot it was Mother's Day*. Surrounded by mothers.
- Barbecue Saturday night with some friends at Ned's Los Feliz place. Good food, drank a lot.
- Going to see Pulp Fiction Friday night at the New Beverly.
- Reading about Bohemian Grove. Can't believe this thing exists! Listened to tape of Richard Nixon calling it "the most faggy goddamn thing you could ever imagine."
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
NUGGETS OF INFORMATION
What did I do this weekend? What's the answer to that... it's pretty much always wrote and read and swam, I guess... yeah. Sleep schedule fucked up again... I just woke up. Hm.