brothercyst: SCREENING

Saturday, July 31, 2010

SCREENING

I saw a screening of It's Kind of a Funny Story, the movie based on Ned Vizzini's novel yesterday, directed by Ryan Fleck and Anna Boden.  It was really fucking excellent--I'd be thrilled if one of my books was translated so well for the screen.  Zach Galifianakis is excellent, Keir Gilchrist is excellent, the "under pressure" scene (not in the book but sort of taken from a concept in the book) is great, I liked when Gilchrist and Galifianakis played basketball, and I loved how they ended Galifianakis's character.  Also music--the score and the Broken Social Scene stuff--is terrific.  More on this when I'm allowed to write about it in detail.

Later, I watched The Host and Deadgirl at my friend Doug's house.  The Host was amazing; Deadgirl was amazing in a different way.  Both were a blast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Nick. Deadgirl drinking game: drink every time one of the pair of stars says "man." You'll end up on the table with the dead girl.

-- Ned