brothercyst: THURSDAY

Thursday, October 07, 2010

THURSDAY

It's Kind of a Funny Story, the novel based on my screenwriting partner Ned Vizzini's YA novel, comes out tomorrow.  Go see it!  They've done a terrific job of adapting it.

The end of the week. I saw The Social Network several times and read Darin Strauss's Half a Life, which is very good. I saw Darin read on Monday; he was as good as ever.

Today the sun came out.  Yesterday it was pouring.  I had lunch with my friend Chris, who's in town from Australia, and then I went swimming in the rain.  It felt amazing... it was raining really hard and I swam for a long time in it, and the surface of the pool looked all roiling and white from underneath.

And this is cool, The Rumpus posted Sara Habein's review of Midnight Picnic under their "last book I loved" banner.

Also, I got new shoes.  These.  I really like them.

1 comment:

Sara said...

It's a warm fuzzy feeling, seeing your name under the Rumpus header, isn't it?

Uh... *high-five?*

Anyway, glad you saw it and liked it.