brothercyst: "AND MORE SINGING FROM THE PRINCESS!!!"

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

"AND MORE SINGING FROM THE PRINCESS!!!"

The legendary, legendarily awful Star Wars Holiday Special.  I couldn't watch the whole thing either, although I did watch a good chunk--in delighted horror. 

I'm in Maryland, and there's snow everywhere.  When I was in elementary school we planted some small fir trees beside the driveway, and now they're huge.  It's a very weird feeling, looking at them.

I read some of David Grann's amazing The Devil and Sherlock Holmes, which contains a number of best articles I've ever read in the New Yorker, including the ones about Krystian Bala, Frédéric Bourdin, and the Aryan Brotherhood.

Today I saw Unstoppable, which was fun even though I'd already seen it five thousand times as a trailer before every movie that came out this year.  It's a strictly paint-by-numbers things, executed with extreme competence, entertaining, whatever.

Now I'm going to go watch Lake Mungo, a horror movie I'm very excited about.

No comments: