brothercyst: NEW STORY: "THE LACERATIONS"

Monday, January 03, 2011

NEW STORY: "THE LACERATIONS"

Popcorn Fiction is a site created by screenwriter Derek Haas (Wanted, 3:10 to Yuma) to showcase noir fiction by screenwriters.  Among them: Brian Helgeland (L.A. Confidential, Mystic River, Green Zone), Rian Johnson (Brick), Scott Frank (Minority Report, Out of Sight).  Also, as of today, me (            ).  I have a short story called "The Lacerations" which went up this morning as their first piece of 2011.  Thrilled to be in such company. 

Popcorn Fiction is partnered with Mulholland Books, a wing of Little, Brown that publishes suspense fiction.  Awesome.

***

Last night I watched Pontypool.  Actually, I fell asleep before I finished (it was 7 am) and I'm about to finish before I go see The King's SpeechPontypool, so far, is an awesome horror movie.  I also watched The Hand that Rocks the Cradle, which I had never seen before and which was really an archetypal Suburban Bliss Disturbed horror movie on the level of The Stepfather.  Even had many of the same beats.  I loved it.

***

ETA: Also, check this out -- a 10 best movies of the year list that includes Undocumented, my friend Chris Peckover's unforgettable horror film.

3 comments:

tinmaninc said...

First of all, I liked "Lacerations". Second of all, and this is off topic, what part or the Dominican Republic did you visit? I have a South America trip coming up and unfortunately Brazil has more than likely been taken off the list. I was thinking of checking out the DR in between Peru and Argentina, because I remember the pictures looking very pristine.

N A said...

I went to Playa Bonita, which is just west of Las Terrenas (a larger and more populated spot). I absolutely loved it. I wouldn't call it pristine, but it was really beautiful. The weather and water are a little better in the summer, as I remember -- there are more European tourists around in the winter.

tinmaninc said...

Okay, thanks for the information.