brothercyst: SLEEPING LITTLE

Saturday, April 30, 2011


I woke up about two hours ago, at 7 am.  This happens now without an alarm on sunny days because the sun is just pouring into my cluttered little bedroom, which faces east.  Also, someone further up in the house is periodically pouring coffee off the deck, or out a window, not sure why.  I came home very late last night.  I went to see Insidious with Nick, who just got back from China on a research trip for the Bodyguard remake he's writing.  There is a place across from the Grove that has a good happy hour so we ate several pizzas and had a few drinks.  I was shocked at how much I liked Insidious.  Highly pleasing horror movie.  I'd been told the first half was good and then it descends into silliness, but I liked the second half too, with the exception of two scenes (the "throwing everybody around the room" gas mask scene and the silly exposition scene).  Then we saw Hanna, a loathsome and stupid movie, with Cate Blanchett's all-time worst, most embarrassing performance.  Then I saw Fast Five, which was most pleasing and ridiculous, although it made me wistful for the days of the great R-rated action movies, which are now gone.


ARA said...

I've heard that Insidious is the scariest horror movie to come out this summer, did you think so?

N A said...

Are there any other notable horror movies coming out this summer? Does this count as summer? Regardless, the answer is probably yes.

ARA said...

sorry- i start counting it as summer once finals week starts