brothercyst: RELIEF

Friday, July 08, 2011


I've spent the last three days at the mercy of a punishing tension headache.  I woke on, I think, Wednesday night with what felt like a pulsing vice around my skull.  It had been getting worse for about a day but it was so bad in the middle of the night that I thought: I have a brain tumor.  This is it.  It's a tumor.  I'm fucked.  And my health insurance is basically nonexistent.  I spent the next 24 hours massaging my own neck.  The headache has finally gone away.


Jeff Pert said...

If you're talking about the back/base of the neck, take two tennis balls, put them in an athletic sock, and tie the sock off tightly so the balls are side by side (no wisecracks, please). Lay on the floor and put the sock under your neck, with the balls horizontal to your neck's vertical. Roll your neck gently up and down against the pressure. Next best thing to having a massage therapist at home.

Oh, and it's 'vise', not 'vice'. I blame the headache.

Jeff P.

N A said...

it's possible that LA is making me dumber

Jeff Pert said...

I lived there for three years, so I know what you mean.