brothercyst: TW SEASON 2 / HOUSE OF HOLES / LA IN 40s / SALMON

Wednesday, September 07, 2011


I'm on the fourth week of my new job, which is enough time that it seems real. I'm a writer, along with my screenwriting partner Ned Vizzini, on season 2 of MTV's Teen Wolf.  It's a show I love and have been a fan of since it premiered.  The job's fucking great and I'm lucky to have it.  (Lucky because TV writing jobs, especially your first one, are insanely tough to get and there's no clear path to getting them if you're coming from outside the TV world.)  So I'm super grateful that the showrunner gave us a chance.


I'm about halfway through Nicholson Baker's House of Holes, which is amazing.  Also, today I bought Super Sad True Love Story and The Art of Fielding.  Good times.


Check out this fascinating footage posted by's Kasia Cieplak-Mayr von Baldegg. It's rear-projection footage that would appear blurry in the background of car scenes in movies from the late 40s, early 50s. But when you see it like this, clear and unobstructed, you get a long, lived-in look at what LA was like then.


I've been eating a lot of salmon lately.  Salmon sashimi, and wild salmon steaks that I buy from the grocery store.  (Probably not actually wild, that's likely a lie.)  I used to live near a farmer's market, but no more, so it's easiest just to go to the grocery.  Should I not be eating so much salmon?  Is 3 or 4 days a week too much?  I do love it, and it's "brain food."  Mercury doesn't seem to be an issue in the same way that it is with tuna.

1 comment:

Ken Baumann said...

Yes! Glad it's finally public. Can't wait to start watching and grilling you every week; "WHAT'S YOURS?!" and waiting to see your episodes.

That late 40s early 50s LA footage is great. LA Noire, the videogame, did a great job recreating the city, judging by this footage.

And yeah, salmon should be fine. Smaller the fish the better, obviously. Avoid Atlantic.