brothercyst: WHAT'S YOUR BIAS?

Tuesday, April 10, 2012


If you're interested in a somewhat anxiety-inducing, possibly eye-opening experience, go to the Harvard IAT tests and do the demonstration tests.  They'll indicate your automatic prejudices in a variety of dichotomies.  Apparently my data "suggest a slight automatic preference for Gay People compared to Straight People." (caps theirs).  Other results were equally interesting.  In fact, the result of every test I took was unexpected.


Little Miss Nomad said...

I think the weapons thing would have turned out differently for me if it hadn't been presented in the order it was. I'd easily associate white people with weapons. It was the switch that threw me, and honestly I don't think there's a way to prove otherwise.

Little Miss Nomad said...

Considering I am young, it's surprising my preference for my own group was only moderate, compared to older people. Also, I think it's interesting in the earlier test that I had trouble considering Coke and a wallet as harmless while some of the weapons seemed like toys.